My Found Money Jar

My Found Money Jar
New BIGGER Jar!

Let This Digital Bank Count Your Found Money

Tired of counting your piles of money? Let this digital bank do it for you!

Thursday, January 1, 2015

What a Way to Start the New Year! Found $1.23

Today I needed some black-eyed peas to eat this new year day, so I walked to Fry's grocery store. It was a little chilly out; the high was only 46 but while I was moving, it felt pretty good. I'm so glad I went because I found $1.23 total!

Here's what and where:

  • a quarter on a ledge under a soda vending machine outside the store
  • 2 dimes and 2 quarters in the copier change tray inside the store
  • a token (It says No Cash Value, so I'm not sure what it is.) and a Mexican 50 cent coin on the counter of the coin vending machine in the store
  • a penny on the sidewalk in front of a Red Box movie machine outside the store
  • a quarter in a drive through of a chicken joint
  • a penny in front of the dumpster in my complex
  • another penny but I can't remember where I found it!

I was thrilled to say the least to bring in the new year by finding 11 coins! I won't count the token dealie or the Mexican coin in my found money total, but it's still fun to find them!

I predict that 2015 is going to be a great year! Happy new year to you!

Facts About This Found Money
Denomination:  3 pennies, 2 dimes, 4 quarters, some sort of token, Mexican 50 cent coin

Year:  pennies:  1972, 1979, 1989; dimes:  1999, 2014; quarters:  1971, 1977, 1993, 1995; Mexican coin:  2012
U.S. Mint:  mostly all D, a few with no mark
Condition:  tarnished to shiny
Total Found Money in 2015 to Date:  $1.23

2 comments:

  1. I found a quarter today too! I was at the gas station and spotted it when I was getting into my car, so I had to jump back out to get it! 1 quarter, year 2000, U.S. Mint P, condition tarnished. 2015 YTD $0.25. (PSM)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful! Isn't it fun finding money? I think so!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails