Thursday, January 1, 2015

What a Way to Start the New Year! Found $1.23

Today I needed some black-eyed peas to eat this new year day, so I walked to Fry's grocery store. It was a little chilly out; the high was only 46 but while I was moving, it felt pretty good. I'm so glad I went because I found $1.23 total!

Here's what and where:

  • a quarter on a ledge under a soda vending machine outside the store
  • 2 dimes and 2 quarters in the copier change tray inside the store
  • a token (It says No Cash Value, so I'm not sure what it is.) and a Mexican 50 cent coin on the counter of the coin vending machine in the store
  • a penny on the sidewalk in front of a Red Box movie machine outside the store
  • a quarter in a drive through of a chicken joint
  • a penny in front of the dumpster in my complex
  • another penny but I can't remember where I found it!

I was thrilled to say the least to bring in the new year by finding 11 coins! I won't count the token dealie or the Mexican coin in my found money total, but it's still fun to find them!

I predict that 2015 is going to be a great year! Happy new year to you!

Facts About This Found Money
Denomination:  3 pennies, 2 dimes, 4 quarters, some sort of token, Mexican 50 cent coin

Year:  pennies:  1972, 1979, 1989; dimes:  1999, 2014; quarters:  1971, 1977, 1993, 1995; Mexican coin:  2012
U.S. Mint:  mostly all D, a few with no mark
Condition:  tarnished to shiny
Total Found Money in 2015 to Date:  $1.23

2 comments:

  1. I found a quarter today too! I was at the gas station and spotted it when I was getting into my car, so I had to jump back out to get it! 1 quarter, year 2000, U.S. Mint P, condition tarnished. 2015 YTD $0.25. (PSM)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful! Isn't it fun finding money? I think so!

      Delete

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...