Friday, January 16, 2015

76 Cents in Found Money Today

I ran some errands this morning and found 22 cents, 2 dimes and 2 pennies. I thought that was great! I was set!

Then later in the day I took a walk and found another 22 cents, 2 dimes and 2 pennies. What a coinky dink, I thought to myself.

But then I kept finding money! In all today I found 6 dimes, 11 pennies, and a nickel! And I found a Mexican 10 cent coin, too!

I posed the coins in a stack from largest in size to smallest. That little Mexican coin on top is pretty darned tiny! See that one wavy, warped penny about one third of the way up the stack? I think I found it in the street.

I found this money in all sorts of places:
  • in the street
  • on the floor of a grocery store
  • in a bank parking lot
  • in a grocery store parking lot
  • in a change tray at the grocery store
  • under a coin machine
  • by a carwash vacuum
  • in the parking lot of a coffee place
  • in the parking lot of my complex
  • and probably a few places I'm forgetting about
So, with this 76 cents I found today, my found money total for 2015 is now $5.28! That is more than I found in all of 2011. Amazing fruit! And I've found money each day so far in January (and in 2015)! 

Facts About This Found Money
Denomination:  11 pennies, 1 nickel, 6 dimes, 1 Mexican 10 cent coin

Year:  too many to mess with
U.S. Mint:  ditto, man
Condition:  shiny to tarnished, some dinged and one penny is warped
Total Found Money in 2015 to Date:  $5.28


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...