Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Found a Penny on a Ledge and Play Money

Today it rained here cooling it off nicely, so around 4:30 I decided to take a walk. I headed to the shopping center with two groceries stories, not really in need of anything but knowing by taking my money along I'd walk that far and get a bit more exercise.

After leaving one store with a couple of kiwi fruits,  a few tomatoes, and a bunch of kale, I spotted a penny on a ledge of the building. Sweet!

I went to the second store because I really wanted an avocado but all of the small ones at the first store were way too ripe. So, I got one at the second store plus a big roll I can use for two sandwiches along with a package of sharp cheddar cheese. I didn't find any more money but that's okay.

Well, I lied. On the way home I did find a play dime. It caught my eye, looking just like a real dime at first glance! So I picked it up and brought it home so I could show you. See? It's got a bite out of it but does't it look like a dime? With a bite out of it! Check out these sweet flower basket earrings on Etsy.

Here is some new play money if you need some. 



Denomination:  1 penny
Year:   pennies:  1992
U.S. Mint:  D
Condition:  tarnished
Total Found Money in 2014 to Date:  $31.55

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...