Monday, June 18, 2012

Two Dollars in the Mail -- Not Really Found Money

Today I waited to walk up to the mailboxes to get my mail until around 9 p.m. It's hot. Right now in Arizona it's 94 degrees F. At 11:35 p.m. Yuck.

But when I got back inside with the two pieces of what looked like junk mail, here's what I found:

That's right! Two dollars. Crisp, new dollar bills. I don't get money (actual money!) in the mail very often. I debated whether to call this found money but decided, no. It's not. I mean, I opened the envelope and found it but it was delivered to me. Addressed to me.

It's from Arbitron, radio and TV ratings company. They sent a survey for me to fill out and send back in. For 2 bucks, sure! And supposedly they'll send me $5 more! We'll see.

But I had to share this fancy, new never used money with you. It won't be going in my found money jar. It'll go in the my wallet.

Have you found any money (even like this) lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...