Friday, October 3, 2014

Found 8 Cents and a Man Who Finds Lots of Money and Donated It to Help Cats

Today I found four coins:

  • a penny and a nickel under a bench at an outdoor shopping mall
  • a penny in the street while I was parked at a red light
  • a penny on the floor of the grocery store

I was thrilled to find these coins, but listen to this! A man in Florida, Rick Snyder, has been finding money for 10 years and recently donated it all to help cats. What a guy! 

He found more than $21,000 in this time and he's my hero! I love finding money and I love cats! Read about Rick's story here.

What would you do with the money if you found about $5.60 a day (about what Rick finds each day) in spare change and bills?
Denomination:  3 pennies, 1 nickel
Year:   pennies:  ?, 2011, 2013; nickel:  2001
U.S. Mint:  ?, D, D, D
Condition:  range from tarnished to shiny and one is badly scratched up
Total Found Money in 2014 to Date:  $31.50

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...