Thursday, March 6, 2014

Two Halves Don't Make a Whole


Today I sprung for a couple of new tires for my car. The old ones served me well and the old jalopy was ready for some new ones. While they were diddling around with my car, I took a walk. 

I found one of the whole, intact pennies in the street then found one of the halves then later found the other half penny. I know, they're not exactly halves but close enough. And no, I pushed them together and they don't match up. They do make an entire penny pretty much but the images don't match up. Weird, huh?

And earlier this morning I found the darker penny in some rocks along with a little key, like one for luggage. The key caught my eye then I saw the penny. Yay!

I'm only counting the two intact pennies here. The others are just oddities, sort of like the critters found in this book:  



This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  2 pennies

Year:   1995, 2005
U.S. Mint:  D, D
Condition:  one is shiny but banged up, one is tarnished

Total Found Money to Date in 2014:  $8.28

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...