Saturday, March 29, 2014

Found 36 Cents and a Large Spanish Coin


Today I realized I only had enough coffee to make some tomorrow. Well, that is what I call a coffee emergency! So, I walked to Fry's to get both decaf and regular. I mix it about one-third regular and two-thirds decaf so I buy both.

On the way, I saw this dime in a parking lot behind a truck. Then in the grocery store, I found the penny on the floor and the quarter in the change slot (that little extra one that has a metal door that flaps). The quarter was wedged in the slot sideways so I'm glad I felt around a little bit!

Then as I was walking home I saw the large gold tone coin sitting on a parking stop thing. You know, where you pull up and there's that concrete thing that indicates you've driven far enough. It's a large Spanish coin that reads:  Espana 500 Pesetas on one side and on the other side Juan Carlos I y Sofia 1988. After a quick search, it looks like uncirculated coins are worth about $5. Hot dog! I won't add any dollar amount to my blog but this was a nice find!

This month I've found coins from Ecuador, Mexico, and Spain! And the U.S., of course.

This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  1 penny, 1 dime, 1 quarter, 1 Spanish coin
Year:   penny:  2007; dime:  1982; quarter:  1979; Spanish coin:  1988
U.S. Mint:  penny:  D; dime:  D; quarter:  none; Spanish coin:  none
Condition: mostly all shiny

Total Found Money to Date in 2014:  $13.10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...