My Found Money Jar

My Found Money Jar
New BIGGER Jar!

Let This Digital Bank Count Your Found Money

Tired of counting your piles of money? Let this digital bank do it for you!

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Found 17 Cents Today While Out and About


Today I had to go to the post office so I parked across the street and trucked on over. I didn't find any money on the way or at the post office, dog gone it! But as I took the long way back to my car, here's what I found:
  • a penny in the street, actually IN the street this time, not in the gutter 
  • a dime in a parking lot 
  • the nickel between two cars as I walked to Wal-Mart
Yay!

The previous two days I found 16 cents each day and that was what I had found at this point. What a coinky dink, I thought!

But then I drove to Fresh and Easy, and in the change tray was a penny waiting for me when I checked out, so today I broke the 16-cent streak. I found 17 cents.

I posed the money next to some button bouquets I made last night while watching TV. I'll probably list them in my Etsy shop one of these days.

This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  2 pennies, 1 nickel, 1 dime
Year:   pennies:  2001, 2004; nickel:  2004; dime:  1978
U.S. Mint:  pennies:  D, none; nickel:  D; dime:  D
Condition: range from tarnished to shiny

Total Found Money to Date in 2014:  $12.68


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails