Thursday, March 27, 2014

Found 17 Cents Today While Out and About


Today I had to go to the post office so I parked across the street and trucked on over. I didn't find any money on the way or at the post office, dog gone it! But as I took the long way back to my car, here's what I found:
  • a penny in the street, actually IN the street this time, not in the gutter 
  • a dime in a parking lot 
  • the nickel between two cars as I walked to Wal-Mart
Yay!

The previous two days I found 16 cents each day and that was what I had found at this point. What a coinky dink, I thought!

But then I drove to Fresh and Easy, and in the change tray was a penny waiting for me when I checked out, so today I broke the 16-cent streak. I found 17 cents.

I posed the money next to some button bouquets I made last night while watching TV. I'll probably list them in my Etsy shop one of these days.

This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  2 pennies, 1 nickel, 1 dime
Year:   pennies:  2001, 2004; nickel:  2004; dime:  1978
U.S. Mint:  pennies:  D, none; nickel:  D; dime:  D
Condition: range from tarnished to shiny

Total Found Money to Date in 2014:  $12.68


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...