Sunday, March 16, 2014

Another Banner Day for Finding Money


Today I ended up finding 58 cents! Woo hoo!

First I took a walk and found money in the street (3 pennies and a nickel), in a McDonald's parking lot (2 pennies and a nickel), in some rocks (1 penny and 1 dime), near another restaurant entrance (1 penny), and in some more rocks (1 penny). I found 28 cents before I got home! 

Then I had to run to the library to return a couple of books that were due today. When I was walking back to my car, I found a nickel and a quarter in an empty parking space! So add 28 and 30 and that's 58 cents.

One of the books I returned was The Taxi-Dance Hall by Paul G. Cressey. This book was published in 1932 and is a fascinating look at taxi-dancers in the 1920s and 1930s. You might know these dancers as dime-a-dance or nickel dancers. Men paid 10 cents to dance with a girl; the owner got a nickel and the dancer got a nickel. Really interesting reading.

How about you? Have you found any money lately?

This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  8 pennies, 3 nickels, 1 dime, 1 quarter
Year:   too lazy
U.S. Mint:  ditto
Condition:  range from dirty to tarnished, only one shiny penny

Total Found Money to Date in 2014:  $10.78

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...