My Found Money Jar

My Found Money Jar
New BIGGER Jar!

Digital Bank Counter

Tired of counting your piles of money? Let this digital bank do it for you! It only looks like a shredder. It's not!

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Another Banner Day for Finding Money


Today I ended up finding 58 cents! Woo hoo!

First I took a walk and found money in the street (3 pennies and a nickel), in a McDonald's parking lot (2 pennies and a nickel), in some rocks (1 penny and 1 dime), near another restaurant entrance (1 penny), and in some more rocks (1 penny). I found 28 cents before I got home! 

Then I had to run to the library to return a couple of books that were due today. When I was walking back to my car, I found a nickel and a quarter in an empty parking space! So add 28 and 30 and that's 58 cents.

One of the books I returned was The Taxi-Dance Hall by Paul G. Cressey. This book was published in 1932 and is a fascinating look at taxi-dancers in the 1920s and 1930s. You might know these dancers as dime-a-dance or nickel dancers. Men paid 10 cents to dance with a girl; the owner got a nickel and the dancer got a nickel. Really interesting reading.

How about you? Have you found any money lately?

This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  8 pennies, 3 nickels, 1 dime, 1 quarter
Year:   too lazy
U.S. Mint:  ditto
Condition:  range from dirty to tarnished, only one shiny penny

Total Found Money to Date in 2014:  $10.78

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails