Sunday, March 30, 2014

Found 31 Cents Today


This morning I took out the trash and found a penny by the dumpster! I was happy but then later today I had to return some library books that were due. After dropping them off and choosing a few other books, I walked around the parking lot of a large shopping center.

Here's what I found:
  • a dime in an empty parking space
  • a nickel in another empty parking space
  • a penny in a Chipotle parking lot
  • a penny in a bank drive through driveway
  • three pennies and a nickel in a fast food drive through
  • a nickel behind a car
Yay! I just love finding money! Have you been lucky lately?

I posed this found money next to a quilted bookmark I made. I have other similar (and different) handmade items for sale in my Etsy shop.


This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  6 pennies, 3 nickels, 1 dime
Year:   pennies:  unreadable, 1991, 2005, 2007, 2013, 2014; nickels:  1979, 1981, 2002; dime:  2001
U.S. Mint:  pennies:  unreadable, the rest D; nickels:  D, P, D; dime:  D
Condition:  range from tarnished to shiny

Total Found Money to Date in 2014:  $13.41

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...