Monday, February 16, 2015

Happy President's Day -- Found 12 Cents

Today I rode my bike to the post office and library even though they were closed. I dropped a letter in the outside mail box then returned some books to the library. On the way I rode my bike through nearly every parking lot I came to and I found some coins:

  • a penny in a restaurant drive through
  • 2 pennies in another restaurant drive through
  • a nickel in yet another drive through
  • a penny in the Target parking lot
  • a penny at a gas station near a pay phone
  • a penny somewhere (can't remember where!)
  • a penny in my parking lot when I got home

Not bad finding 12 coins with two president's images (Lincoln on the pennies and Jefferson on the nickel). Happy President's day!

I posed my found money next to a stuffed lion my friend mailed to me. Cute!

Facts About This Found Money
Denomination:  7 pennies, 1 nickel
Year:  pennies:  1982, 1991, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2010, 2014; nickel:  1998
U.S. Mint:  mostly D, one with no mint mark
Condition:  tarnished, shiny
Total Found Money in 2015 to Date:  $11.26

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...