Saturday, February 21, 2015

Found 15 Coins Today Including a Panama Coin and 1957 Penny

Today I walked to the grocery store and on the way I found 2 coins in the street at separate spots:

  • a copper-looking coin from Panama (looks like a penny but I'm not sure how much it's worth)
  • a penny

Then I found a penny in front of a vending machine outside the store, and inside the store I found a handful of coins in the change tray of a coin machine. One of them was 2 pennies stuck together. It's like a penny sandwich.

Then as I was checking out I found another penny on the floor. It was the 1957 wheat penny. Yay! 

That makes 50 cents I found today plus the Panama coin I'm not counting in my found money total.

Facts About This Found Money
Denomination:  10 pennies, 4 dimes, 1 Panama penny
Year:  pennies:  too many to mess with but one is a 1957!; dimes:  1967, 1999, 2007, 2014; Panama penny:  1987
U.S. Mint:  D, D
Condition:  tarnished
Total Found Money in 2015 to Date:  $12.43

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...