Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Found 44 Cents Plus a Partial Coin

Today I did something I should have done several years ago. I bought new tennis shoes! My old ones were at least 7, maybe 8, years old. Ugh. Terrible. They had blow outs on the sides and the tread was long gone. As I walked in to the store, I spotted a penny in the parking lot then a dime inside the store!

I found some shoes and wore them out of the store. I walked about four blocks to the post office to mail a letter and found more coins on my walk. 

Here's what and where:

  • a penny and a dime on the floor of the dollar store
  • a partial penny (it looks like someone snipped off about one-third of the coin!) in the street
  • a dime and a penny on the floor at Walmart
  • a penny in the street
  • and another dime that I can't remember now where I found

But I was thrilled! I love finding those 2/3 or 3/4 coins. So strange! I don't count them in my found money total but they're just really interesting, I think.

Oh, and I spotted three more pennies but couldn't get them. A man was standing near one and I would have had to get in his space to retrieve it so I left it. The other two were right under the window of a drive through and I didn't want to get caught by the worker who was right there! 

I posed this found money next to some Valentine's I've received this year. How fun!

Facts About This Found Money
Denomination:  4 pennies (and another), 4 dimes
Year:  pennies:  1973, 1989, 2003, 2014 (other snipped coin is cut off); dimes:  1993, 1997, 2006, 2006
U.S. Mint:  mostly all D
Condition:  range from shiny to tarnished and a few dinged up
Total Found Money in 2015 to Date:  $10.03

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...