Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Found 5 Pennies and Torn Dollar Bill

This morning I took a short bike ride and in front of a bus stop I saw what looked like part of a dollar bill. I stopped and sure enough, it was. Then I saw another piece then another. 

I found all of these pieces, which after piecing them together, it appears they are from two dollars. (See? There are two of George's head.) 

Dang. Why would someone rip up money?

Since it's not a complete bill I won't be counting it in my found money total. Dang it.

Then I found a penny in a parking lot in front of a grocery store then four more pennies in front of a convenience store. And one of them is a wheat penny from 1951!

Facts About This Found Money
Denomination:  5 pennies
Year:  pennies:  1951, 1984, 1986, 1997, 2002
U.S. Mint:  all D
Condition:  tarnished, shiny
Total Found Money in 2015 to Date:  $11.59

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...