My Found Money Jar

My Found Money Jar
New BIGGER Jar!

Let This Digital Bank Count Your Found Money

Tired of counting your piles of money? Let this digital bank do it for you!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Three Hot Cents Plus One

Well, it's been quite a dry spell as far as found money goes in these parts. Granted, I haven't been going out as much since every day lately has been 100+. But I thought I'd find some money. Today I broke the streak!

I went to volunteer and on the way in, in the usual spot where I've found quite a few stray pennies, I found a penny. I looked around but didn't see any more so went on in. I read a book for teachers on how to teach reading. It was a snoozer. I did my time, and while I was walking back to my car, I found two more pennies. The three dirty ones in the pictures are the three I found. The tar on the parking lots gets really melty in this heat, kind of like the inside of a marshmallow on a S'mores, and the black penny was sort of stuck but I pried it up with just my fingers. Another day and these bad boys would have been imbedded.

I then drove over to Michael's and to Trader Joe's. Nothing at Michael's but at Trader Joe's I found the shiny penny as I was walking out of the store. Hot dog!

This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination:  4 pennies
Year:  1986, 2002, 2006, 2011
U.S. Mint:  all Ds
Condition:  dirty/black, dinged up, shiny
How much found money to date:  $1.77 in 2011

4 comments:

  1. What a fun idea finding money! I wonder how much you will have accumulated by the end of the year! ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Val, a lot, I hope! Last year I found more than $10!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to train your eye for spotting silver. Your total will go up a lot faster if you find dimes or quarters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that would be nice, Virginia! I do find dimes and occasionally quarters but it seems like I always find more pennies. Strangely since I've been tracking my found money, I haven't found any bills. Now, that's what I'm shooting for!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails