My Found Money Jar

My Found Money Jar
New BIGGER Jar!

Let This Digital Bank Count Your Found Money

Tired of counting your piles of money? Let this digital bank do it for you!

Monday, June 6, 2011

Found a Dime and This Earring

I took the trash out on my way to run a few errands (the bank and the post office) this morning. I found this "lovely" earring by the dumpster so I picked it up. It's so ugly (to me) but quite the eye-catching piece of bling, don't you think? I mean it has DIAMONDS all around the edge. I'm sure they're real, too (rolling my eyes).

I didn't find a cent at the bank or the PO. Dang. I did trade a dollar bill for two rolls of pennies at the bank though. I want to see if I can find some wheat pennies or anything else interesting. Not sure what else interesting might be hiding in a roll of pennies, but I'm about to crack them open so will let you know. And I asked for old ones, not rolls of new shiny pennies.

So, I thought my luck was bad today, but as I was walking to my place from the car, there was this dime on the pavement! Yay!

This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination:  1 dime
Year:  1992
U.S. Mint:  D
Condition:  shiny
How much found money to date:  $1.62 in 2011

Footnote:  Okay, I just added this picture of three pennies from the two rolls of pennies. Look at the top penny:  it looks like someone took a bite from it!  And I just like the Abe Lincoln penny and the shield. No wheat pennies this batch though. Have you found any interesting coinage lately (even in your change or in a roll)?

6 comments:

  1. I found nine cents today! Four pennies/one nickel. Nice earring - what do you plan to do with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I just checked your found money blog. That's fabulous. I have something in mind for the earring (another Web site that's been brewing for a while). Will post here when I finally do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about a guest blogger for your Found Money in the Street? I could mail to you the next penny that I find and email you a digital photo of it where I found it.

    Guess it wouldn't be the same as finding it yourself. Unless you could start a movement and have hundreds of people send you money they find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep thinking someday I'm gonna find a gold bullion or something. (haha) But actually, that would ruin the rest of it for me. Then I might not want to pick up the coins along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Pam, you do dream big! That would be quite the find!! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Virginia, I would happily accept a digital photo of your found money with your write up of where you found it! I've done one guest blog before, but my self-imposed rule is that I have to find the money to add it to my found money jar. Here is Lori's guest found money entry: http://foundmoneyinthestreet.blogspot.com/2010/03/guest-blog-famous-found-money.html

    But I like the idea of everyone in the world sending me their found money!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails