Sunday, December 21, 2014

Found Foreign Money: Coins from Three Countries

Today I walked to the grocery store and on my walk I found coins from three countries! It's international day at the Found Money in the Street blog!

Here's what I found:

  • a penny in my parking lot
  • a penny in the street (the gutter)
  • another penny in the street (the gutter again), but this one was a Canadian penny
  • a coin in the street as I was crossing the street that I thought was a nickel but it's  a 25-cent Aruba coin!
  • a nickel and a penny in the grocery store parking lot
  • a penny in a change tray at the grocery store
  • a nickel in the copier change tray
  • a penny in a parking lot

So, I found coins from the United States, Canada, and Aruba. Woo hoo! It had been awhile since I'd found any foreign coins. As usual, I'm not counting the Canada and Aruba coins in my found money total so that makes 15 cents found today. But the coins will go in my found money jar.

This 15 cents brings my 2014 found money total to more than $45! Woo hoo!

Facts About This Found Money
Denomination:  5 pennies, 2 nickels, 1 Canadian penny, 1 Aruba 25 cent coin
Year:  pennies:  1982, 1995, 2001, 2010, 2014; nickels:  1992, 2001; Canadian penny:  1998; Aruba coin:  1988
U.S. Mint:  U.S. coins all D
Condition:  from dinged and tarnished to shiny
Total Found Money in 2014 to Date:  $45.07

1 comment:

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...