My Found Money Jar

My Found Money Jar
New BIGGER Jar!

Digital Bank Counter

Tired of counting your piles of money? Let this digital bank do it for you!

It only looks like a shredder. It's not!

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Found American, Canadian, and Mexican Coins Today!

Today I ran up to Goodwill since it was half off day. After finding a few things there, I went to a grocery store and on the way, I found a penny in the parking lot. 

Then I found the two 10 cent coins (one Mexican and one Canadian) and an American penny in the coin machine at the front of the store. The exchange rates follow:

  • Canadian 10 cent coin is worth $.0918 American (a cent more than our dimes)
  • Mexican 10 cent coin is worth $.0077 American (less than 1 cent)

Then I went to another grocery store and found a dime on the floor. I won't count the Mexican peso since it's not even worth a penny, but will count the Canadian dime as 10 cents in my found money total.

It was fun finding foreign money today!

UPDATE:  I just made a quick run to Fresh and Easy and found 4 pennies there!


This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  6 pennies, 1 dime, 1 Canadian 10 cent coin, 1 Mexican 10 cent coin

Year:   pennies:  2001, 2003, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2013; dime:  2006; Canadian:  1992; Mexican:  2004
U.S. Mint:  American coins:  all D, D, D
Condition:  range from tarnished to shiny and two are scratched
Total Found Money to Date in 2014:  $2.25



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails