Saturday, January 11, 2014

Found American, Canadian, and Mexican Coins Today!

Today I ran up to Goodwill since it was half off day. After finding a few things there, I went to a grocery store and on the way, I found a penny in the parking lot. 

Then I found the two 10 cent coins (one Mexican and one Canadian) and an American penny in the coin machine at the front of the store. The exchange rates follow:

  • Canadian 10 cent coin is worth $.0918 American (a cent more than our dimes)
  • Mexican 10 cent coin is worth $.0077 American (less than 1 cent)

Then I went to another grocery store and found a dime on the floor. I won't count the Mexican peso since it's not even worth a penny, but will count the Canadian dime as 10 cents in my found money total.

It was fun finding foreign money today!

UPDATE:  I just made a quick run to Fresh and Easy and found 4 pennies there!


This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  6 pennies, 1 dime, 1 Canadian 10 cent coin, 1 Mexican 10 cent coin

Year:   pennies:  2001, 2003, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2013; dime:  2006; Canadian:  1992; Mexican:  2004
U.S. Mint:  American coins:  all D, D, D
Condition:  range from tarnished to shiny and two are scratched
Total Found Money to Date in 2014:  $2.25



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...