My Found Money Jar

My Found Money Jar
New BIGGER Jar!

Let This Digital Bank Count Your Found Money

Tired of counting your piles of money? Let this digital bank do it for you!

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Vacation Week Found Money $2.89 Plus a Euro Cent

I went on vacation for a week with my sisters to Alabama with a side trip through Mississippi to New Orleans, Louisiana. Such fun! 

During the week, I found $2.89. Here's the breakdown:
  • 6 quarters ($1.50)
  • 9 dimes ($.90)
  • 2 nickels ($.10)
  • 39 pennies ($.39)
Here's where I found the money:

  • at four different airports
  • on one airplane
  • at the rental house where we stayed in Alabama
  • at the courtyard/poolside at the hotel where we stayed while in New Orleans
  • in a fast food parking lot and drive through lane
  • at a couple of gas stations
  • many pennies on sidewalks in the French Quarter in New Orleans
  • near vending machines at a rest area
  • at a streetcar stop in New Orleans
  • in the street
I also found a Euro cent (penny) at the Atlanta airport. That's the first one of those I've seen. Very cool!

Here's what I found each day:

  • Sunday, May 25:  92 cents
  • Tuesday, May 27:  49 cents
  • Wednesday, May 28:  44 cents
  • Thursday, May 29:  2 cents
  • Saturday, May 31:  $1.02 and 1 Euro cent

My sisters all found some money, too. And sometimes we scrambled for it. Love that!

As you can see by the photo, I didn't get around to writing and mailing postcards while on vacation. I'll write a few and mail them this week. 




Denomination:  39 pennies, 2 nickels, 9 dimes, 6 quarters, 1 Euro cent

Year:  too lazy to check them all
U.S. Mint:  ditto
Condition:  range from shiny to tarnished and a few are scratched and/or dirty

Total Found Money to Date in 2014:  $23.82

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails