Sunday, June 1, 2014

Vacation Week Found Money $2.89 Plus a Euro Cent

I went on vacation for a week with my sisters to Alabama with a side trip through Mississippi to New Orleans, Louisiana. Such fun! 

During the week, I found $2.89. Here's the breakdown:
  • 6 quarters ($1.50)
  • 9 dimes ($.90)
  • 2 nickels ($.10)
  • 39 pennies ($.39)
Here's where I found the money:

  • at four different airports
  • on one airplane
  • at the rental house where we stayed in Alabama
  • at the courtyard/poolside at the hotel where we stayed while in New Orleans
  • in a fast food parking lot and drive through lane
  • at a couple of gas stations
  • many pennies on sidewalks in the French Quarter in New Orleans
  • near vending machines at a rest area
  • at a streetcar stop in New Orleans
  • in the street
I also found a Euro cent (penny) at the Atlanta airport. That's the first one of those I've seen. Very cool!

Here's what I found each day:

  • Sunday, May 25:  92 cents
  • Tuesday, May 27:  49 cents
  • Wednesday, May 28:  44 cents
  • Thursday, May 29:  2 cents
  • Saturday, May 31:  $1.02 and 1 Euro cent

My sisters all found some money, too. And sometimes we scrambled for it. Love that!

As you can see by the photo, I didn't get around to writing and mailing postcards while on vacation. I'll write a few and mail them this week. 




Denomination:  39 pennies, 2 nickels, 9 dimes, 6 quarters, 1 Euro cent

Year:  too lazy to check them all
U.S. Mint:  ditto
Condition:  range from shiny to tarnished and a few are scratched and/or dirty

Total Found Money to Date in 2014:  $23.82

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...