Saturday, February 23, 2013

Took My Magnet for a Walk and Found 9 Cents

Today I had to go to the post office to mail a package. No money, except what I spent.

Then I went to two Goodwill stores because it's half off day and it's a free country. Why not? No money, except again what I spent.

Then I missed a turn so decided to park and walk down an alley with my magnet.  The weather is marvelous. Mid-60s so very nice out with the sun shining and a slight breeze. Right away I found three pennies in the middle of the alley! 

Here's a magnet that's just like mine except the magnet part on mine is square. You can get yourself one and take it for a walk on nice days, too!

Then I walked to the end and on the way found another penny. As I was heading back to my car, I saw something round that my magnet didn't pick up. It was sort of embedded in the mud. It's been raining here lately so the ground was squishy in places. It was a nickel!

Have you found any money? Any at all? Let us know!


This Found Money FACTS:  
Denomination:  4 pennies, 1 nickel
Year:  1964, 1976, 1979, 1983, 1991
U.S. Mint:  D, D, D, D, D 
Condition: most are filthy and tarnished, 1 penny is shiny
Total found money to date in 2013:  $2.04

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...