My Found Money Jar

My Found Money Jar
New BIGGER Jar!

Digital Bank Counter

Tired of counting your piles of money? Let this digital bank do it for you!

It only looks like a shredder. It's not!

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Found 14 Pennies on a Walk

Today was another lovely day out, so I took a walk with my magnet. I headed to the library but on the way stopped and walked down an alley. Right away next to a garbage can, I found 2 pennies. I kept going and eventually found 14 pennies in all!

Some of them are kind of old and I wouldn't doubt if they've been there the whole time. One is bent and 4 are such a mess, I can't read the dates. As you can see in the photo they were all filthy dirty. I had to rinse them off to try to read the dates at all.

Have you found any money lately? 

This Found Money FACTS:   
Denomination:  14 pennies
Year:   1969, 1970, 1988, 1990, 1992, 1999, 2001, 2001, 2002, 2005, and 4 are unreadable
 
U.S. Mint:  D, D, none, D, D, D, D, D, D, D, and 4 unknown  
Condition: Many of these poor pennies are dinged, bent, tarnished, and filthy. But they're mine!
Total found money to date in 2013:  $1.94


2 comments:

  1. I fell over 20p on Monday in the station bus terminus. People are becoming more generous as the weather improves, that's the second 20p I found in a short while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Love that they're so generous! ;o)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails