Monday, February 18, 2013

Happy Presidents' Day! I Found 39 Cents!

Okay, it's been ages since I've found big money, like a quarter! And today I found a quarter plus a dime and four pennies while taking a walk! The weather here is perfect, and in a few days it's supposed to rain so I decided to get out there and walk while it's nice. (And in a few months it'll be so hot I only walk to my car and inside stores, etc.)

The first coin I found was a penny down an alley. I didn't take my magnet but I did pick up random crap like nails and bottle caps. I need to make those tin can men so like to keep the supply built up. 

Then I was heading back home, happy I'd found at least one president on Presidents' Day and was walking on the street at an intersection. It was a residential area and no cars were coming, so I started trotting across the street when a shiny silver thing caught my eye. It was a quarter! 

Here's a photo, though it's not great quality. There was also a dime and two pennies all in one spot so I'm guessing someone was walking or riding a bike and out the money fell. Lucky me!

Then I was headed home, almost there and spotted another penny in the gutter part of the street. Whoopie!

Happy Presidents' Day, everyone! Do you know the most popular name for parks named after presidents? No? Check it out at ParkGrades.

This Found Money FACTS:   Denomination:  4 pennies, 1 dime, 1 quarter
Year:   1971, 1992, 1996, 1999. 2006, 1965

U.S. Mint:  none, D, D, D, D, none  
Condition: pennies are dinged and tarnished, dime is shiny, quarter is dirty
Total found money to date in 2013:  $1.80

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...