Saturday, November 1, 2014

Found 39 Cents This Fine Saturday!

Today a friend and I went to a couple of thrift stores (half off day, don't ya know?) then to a few other stores. 

While out and about, I found 39 cents total today. Here's what and where:
  • a quarter at the post office under the counter; just one edge was peeking out!
  • two pennies at Michaels in front of a checkout lane
  • a dime at the grocery store
Later I walked to another thrift store and here's what I found:
  • a penny on the floor of a thrift store 
  • another penny out front on the sidewalk as I was leaving
How about you? Have you found any money lately?

I found the fun little tin with canapé and hors d'oeuvre cutters in it. I'll be listing it for sale in my Etsy shop tonight or tomorrow. The shapes are really cute:  the four card suites, moons, leaves, triangles. Just think of the cocktail party you could have with these fun shapes!


Facts About This Found Money

Total Found Money in 2014 to Date:  $35.41
Denomination:  4 pennies, 1 dime, 1 quarter
Year:  pennies:  1964, 1987, 1993, 2003; dime:  1999; quarter:  1976
U.S. Mint:  none on the 1964, the rest D
Condition:  range from tarnished to shiny 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...