Friday, November 28, 2014

I Have Two Nickels to Rub Together (plus some pennies)

This morning I ran to the post office and parked at a shopping center across the street. While I was walking over to the post office I saw a nickel in the street then on found another nickel on the sidewalk in front of the post office! I think nickels are the least common coin I find so this was something! 

Now I have two nickels to rub together. I'm rich! 

Then I went to the dollar store and found two pennies on the floor. I also bought about 13 items. I never think I need anything there but found all sorts of stuff today. Do you do that, too?


This afternoon I took a walk and found three pennies:  

  • one as I was crossing the street so, yes, I found money in the street
  • one at a gas station
  • one in a fast food drive through

I posed these coins next to one of the saguaro cactus ornaments I made. They're available in my Etsy shop (just click the link up yonder). 

I saw hundreds of these cacti for real yesterday while driving. I stopped and took a few photos. Here's one.

I'm almost to $40 for this year! Hard to believe that just picking up mostly pennies, I've found this much! There is money out there to be found. Have you found any of it lately?

Facts About This Found Money
Denomination:  5 pennies, 2 nickels
Year:  pennies:  one is too dinged up to read, 1974, 1991, 2000, 2014; nickels:  both 2011
U.S. Mint:  all D, but one with no mark and the one I can't read
Condition:  pennies tarnished, nickels super shiny
Total Found Money in 2014 to Date:  $39.92

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...