Friday, May 31, 2013

What a Great Day for Finding Money!


Woo hoo, y'all! I ran a few errands today and I made a hauling! Here's what happened:

I parked in the Dollar Tree parking lot because from there, I can walk across the street to the post office, which is a pain to get in and out of. I got out of my car and walked around the parking lot a bit near the store and spotted a dime! 
I walked over to the post office and once inside in line, I spotted a penny on the floor. I picked it up.

I mailed my packages then walked up to the light to cross the street. I walked through the 7-11 parking lot and found another penny! Then I stood at the light to cross and as I stepped off the curb, I saw a penny in the gutter! So, of course I picked it up. I walked over to the Dollar Tree so danged proud of myself for finding 13 cents!

I went in the store and bought a few things (I needed tater chips; yes, I needed them.). I didn't find any money in Dollar Tree, which is a shame. It's usually a good place to find a coin or two. I left the store and walked around the parking lot a tad bit more and found another penny!

Yes, I found 14 cents! I posed them next to some pretties I'll be listing in my Etsy shop.

Have you found any money lately? I sure hope so. It always makes my day!  


This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  4 pennies, 1 dime
 
Year:  pennies:  1995, 1999, 2006, 201?; dime:  1999
U.S. Mint:  pennies:  D, D, D, D; dime:  P 
Condition:  range from shiny to tarnished and scratched
Total Found Money to Date in 2013:  $15.81

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...