My Found Money Jar

My Found Money Jar
New BIGGER Jar!

Let This Digital Bank Count Your Found Money

Tired of counting your piles of money? Let this digital bank do it for you!

Monday, May 27, 2013

Peaches and Pennies -- Happy Memorial Day!

This morning it wasn't burning hot out so I decided to walk to Sprouts. It's about 8 blocks one way, I guess, so it's a little longer than I usually walk, but I decided it's going to be so hot soon and I won't walk any farther than my car!

On my way I got off the sidewalk at some point and pretty soon spotted a dirty penny in the gutter. Yay!  I kept on, taking pictures of flowers, an old wagon in a yard, and other things that caught my eye. I went in to Sprouts and just bought a few things:  these luscious-smelling peaches, some apples, and some granola. But I didn't find any money in the store.

On the way home I walked through a gas station, going up and down the rows to see if would find any money. Woo hoo, I did! I found a penny!

Then across the street from the gas station is a car wash where I saw another penny next to a cone blocking an entrance. Yay!

I know I wouldn't have found these pennies if I'd stayed home! Are you doing anything fun today? Hope so.

This Found Money Facts:
 Denomination:  3 pennies 

Year:  1997, 2000, 2001
U.S. Mint:  D, D, D 
Condition:  one is really dirty, the other two a bit tarnished
Total Found Money to Date in 2013:  $15.61

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails