Monday, May 27, 2013

Peaches and Pennies -- Happy Memorial Day!

This morning it wasn't burning hot out so I decided to walk to Sprouts. It's about 8 blocks one way, I guess, so it's a little longer than I usually walk, but I decided it's going to be so hot soon and I won't walk any farther than my car!

On my way I got off the sidewalk at some point and pretty soon spotted a dirty penny in the gutter. Yay!  I kept on, taking pictures of flowers, an old wagon in a yard, and other things that caught my eye. I went in to Sprouts and just bought a few things:  these luscious-smelling peaches, some apples, and some granola. But I didn't find any money in the store.

On the way home I walked through a gas station, going up and down the rows to see if would find any money. Woo hoo, I did! I found a penny!

Then across the street from the gas station is a car wash where I saw another penny next to a cone blocking an entrance. Yay!

I know I wouldn't have found these pennies if I'd stayed home! Are you doing anything fun today? Hope so.

This Found Money Facts:
 Denomination:  3 pennies 

Year:  1997, 2000, 2001
U.S. Mint:  D, D, D 
Condition:  one is really dirty, the other two a bit tarnished
Total Found Money to Date in 2013:  $15.61

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...