Friday, May 3, 2013

Found a Penny in an Alley (without my magnet)

It's been hot here in Phoenix, I mean really hot. A couple of days this week broke the 100°F mark. Ugh. Too hot, too soon. But really just plain too hot! But this morning I stepped outside and it was nice. Really pleasant with a slight breeze, so I checked the temperature online and it was 74°! 

So, I decided to take a little walk while it wasn't blistering out. It's supposed to get up to 93° today, which is still hot so I headed out this morning. 

I didn't take my magnet, but I did walk a few blocks then went down an alley where I spotted this penny! Yippee!

As I walked through the alley, looking for good junk (and more money), I happened to look up (sometimes I don't and wonder later what I missed). I saw this whirly gig thing made out of junk in someone's backyard. I love it!

How is your weather? Have you found any money to tell us about? We'd love to hear!
 
This Found Money FACTS:      
Denomination: 1 penny
Year:  2009

U.S. Mint:  D
Condition: in good shape, still shiny
Total found money to date in 2013:  $14.57



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...