Saturday, March 14, 2015

Found Money Blog: 13 Cents Plus a Hong Kong Dime

This afternoon I went to the library to pick up some books on reserve. I didn't find any money there but I also went to Target and found a penny and a dime on the floor! 

Then I went to the grocery store and found a penny in the parking lot on the way in to the store and once inside I found another penny on the floor and a little coin in the tray of the coin machine. It is a 1990 coin that reads:  Queen Elizabeth the Second with her profile on the front of the coin, and on the back it reads Hong Kong, 10, 1990, ten cents. It also has a Chinese symbol. I'll have to get my son to tell me what it says. I just love finding foreign coins!

As usual I won't add this coin's value to my found money total. And I couldn't easily find the value of this coin in American dollars. Anyone?

Have you found any coins or bills lately? Let us know!

Oh, I posed today's found money next to this cute little guy. My grandson gave him to me. He called it a pop eye penguin. When you squeeze his head, his eyes pop out. Really funny and cute!

Facts About This Found Money
Denomination:  3 pennies, 1 dime, 1 Hong Kong 10 cent coin

Year:    pennies:  1980, 1997, 2004; dime:  1988; Hong Kong coin:  1990
U.S. Mint:  pennies:  D, none, D; dime is P
Condition:  tarnished to shiny

Total Found Money in 2015 to Date:  $17.79

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...