Saturday, March 7, 2015

Found Money: Found More Than a Dollar Today

This afternoon I drove to a bookstore to buy a book they were holding for me. On the way I was stopped at a red light and noticed something shiny on the ground outside my window. Two quarters! I put my car in Park and hopped out to get them. Then later I found three pennies in a parking lot. 53 cents. I was thrilled!

Then I decided to go to the main Scottsdale library. I hadn't been there in a long time, probably close to a year and I almost didn't pull into the parking garage because some sort of big sports whoop-dee do was going on and they had signs out that read "parking lot full," but I did pull in to the underground garage and found a spot immediately! 

Inside the library I spotted two more quarters on the floor next to some vending machines! I found four quarters today. Yay! $1.03!

Facts About This Found Money
Denomination:  3 pennies, 4 quarters
Year:  pennies:  ?, 1986, 1994; quarters:  2000, 2000, 2001, 2008
U.S. Mint:  mostly D
Condition:  range from tarnished to shiny and one is all sticky, yuck
Total Found Money in 2015 to Date:  $17.06

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...