Thursday, May 15, 2014

Suffered the Heat, Took a Walk, Found Some Money

A little before noon today I decided it wasn't too hot for a walk--only around 87 when I left. But by the time I'd walked about four blocks, I was ready to come home. It was hot. I had planned to walk to a certain grocery store but it would have been another four blocks, which would have meant twice as long to get back home where it was cooler. 

So, instead, I went to a different grocery store and bought a few things to make another batch of gazpacho. I had made some earlier this week and I ate the last of it today for lunch. 

I love that stuff! 

So, in the grocery store parking lot I found a penny, then inside I found another penny in the coin machine tray, then when I was checking out, I spotted the dime on the floor. Yay!

I made this funny little felt girl a few years ago. She's silly and sort of cute, I think.

This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  2 pennies, 1 dime
Year:  pennies:  2001, 2004; dimes:  1979
U.S. Mint:  pennies: D; dime:  P
Condition:  mostly all shiny 

Total Found Money to Date in 2014:  $19.60


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...