Monday, April 14, 2014

Found 14 Cents Today at the Grocery Store


Today I went to the grocery store and found 14 cents in the change tray! One of the pennies is an old wheat penny, a 1954 penny. The mint mark is S (San Francisco). I rarely find coins with the S mark.

I took my two grandkids to McDonald's after school and they found a ton of coins in the drive through at the first window where people pay. My granddaughter found 52 cents and my grandson 15 cents! I gave them each a quarter because I wanted one of the nickels she found. It was a 1954 just like the penny I found! What a coinky dink. 

Did you hear about Saturn's new moon? It's my namesake!

This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  4 pennies, 1 dime
Year:  pennies:  1954, 1987, 1993, 2003; dime:  2008
U.S. Mint:  pennies:  S, D, D, D; dime:  D
Condition:  tarnished and shiny

Total Found Money to Date in 2014:  $15.33

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...