Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Found 30 Cents and a Carwash Token


Today I went to the grocery store for a semi-big shopping trip. I often go when I'm out walking but I wanted to buy some things that were too heavy to carry home (jars of pasta sauce, for one). 

So, I walked around the parking lot anyway and I found a penny, then found a penny on the sidewalk in front of a store, then I found a quarter and a carwash token (Weiss Guys Car Wash!) in a change tray, then three more pennies at the grocery store. 

See how the two pennies in front (two are stacked up) are stuck together. Weird. Not sure if they're glued or what but they won't budge. Well, I just tried and they came apart after all.

Have you found any coins or bills lately? I hope so! It's almost the end of the month. Hope I find a ton more to end out April!
 
This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  1 penny; 1 quarter
Year:  pennies:  unreadable, 1982, 1999, 2006, 2010 ; quarter:  1997
U.S. Mint:  unreadable, none, D, D, D, D
Condition:  shiny and dirty and tarnished

Total Found Money to Date in 2014:  $17.03

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...