Friday, April 11, 2014

Broke My No Money Street -- Found 39 Cents


Today, despite the heat, I walked to the grocery store for some exercise and for a few things. On the way, I found a penny in the street. It was pretty beat up, but I don't care!

Then at Starbucks I found a quarter and a dime, then I found three more pennies on the floor at the grocery store! Yay! I picked up two of the pennies near the self-checkout registers when I entered the store. 

There was a third penny near a different register and a man was checking out. I left it and decided to see if it was still there when I was done with my shopping. It was! I was in the store for at least 10 minutes. It just amazes me that people walk right by money, even if it is just a penny.

I hadn't found any money for three days and was Jonesing for some coin!

I got this Dial 7 Day Moisturizing Lotion shown with my found money at the store. I've been so dry lately and it is really nice. Of course I tried a little in the store before buying it. I like the nice light scent and it absorbs really well. If you want to check it out yourself, you can see this product on Amazon. (Just click that bottle over there. See it? to the right? Yeah, that one!) 

This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  4 pennies, 1 dime, 1 quarter
Year:  pennies:  1980, 2003, 2008, 2011; dime:  1998; quarter:  2006 North Dakota
U.S. Mint:  all D
Condition:  from shiny to tarnished

Total Found Money to Date in 2014:  $15.15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...