Monday, October 14, 2013

New Tire and Eight Pennies

Saturday I went to Discount Tire for an air check. One tire was low on tread and needed to be replaced, so today I headed up to Discount Tire for a new tire. Instead of sitting there waiting the hour and 15 minutes, I took a walk along the busy street, and you guessed it! I found some money:

  • 3 pennies at Sonic
  • 1 penny in the drive through of KFC
  • 1 penny on the sidewalk
  • 1 penny in the street
  • 2 more pennies at Sonic

On my way, I walked through Sonic's parking lot and found 3 pennies then on the way back, I did the same thing and found 2 more pennies, which just proves that public areas are like streams. They're never the same but are always changing.

They sprayed my tires with something like this. They all look bright and shiny like a new penny! Well, like black tires actually. 


In the photo, see that black thing with the red light flashing? I have no idea what it is but the flasher part still works. Cool. Glad I picked it up.

Have you got new tires or found any money lately?
This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  8 pennies
Year:  pennies:  ?, 1976, 1977, 1995, 2001, 2004, 2011, 2013
U.S. Mint:  one ?, one with none, all the rest D

Condition:  range from shiny to tarnished and some are dirty and gouged
Total Found Money to Date in 2013:  $27.91

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...