Thursday, October 10, 2013

Dumpster Jackpot!

Today I took out my trash and saw a big long box sitting on top of the other trash in the dumpster. I peeked inside (yes, I'm weird) and it looked like someone emptied out their junk drawer in it. I pulled the box out of the dumpster to have a better look and found some keys, a bottle opener, a shoe horn, and three half dollars! 

There was lots more stuff in there, but I thought the stuff I nabbed was interesting, especially the money. Why do people throw money away? This seriously baffles me!

Then I spotted this dime on the ground. Yay!

Have you found any money lately?

This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  1 dime, 3 half dollars
Year:  dime:  2012; half dollars:  1972, 1976, 1976
U.S. Mint:  all D

Condition:  shiny and a half dollar is a tad dirty
Total Found Money to Date in 2013:  $27.53



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...