Thursday, October 3, 2013

Found 2 Pennies, Play Money, and Fossils

Today I went up to Payson, Arizona with my son and two grandkids. We had a really good time! 

First we stopped at a thrift store and found a few cool things. That small town had at least four thrift stores. We only visited one, but that's my kind of place! 

Next, we went to a park. The kids played, we walked around, then we tried to fly some cheap dollar store kites. Uh, don't bother. The kites both broke really quickly, but it was fun. At the park I found these two pennies!

Then we went to lunch and ate yummy food. 

Back in the car to visit a "paleo site" where we searched for fossils. On the walk in, I spotted what I thought was a penny, but it was play money! Can you pick out the play money in the photo? 

It was fun till I slipped on some loose rocks and sprained my ankle. Man does it hurt! It was still fun but just painful to hobble around, but I'll live. We found a lot of small invertebrates in large rocks then I found this fossilized shell lying on the ground! After that we found quite a few others. That was a blast. 

Have you found anything good lately?
This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  2 pennies
Year:  1996, 2002
U.S. Mint:  D, D

Condition:  1 is shiny, 1 is tarnished
Total Found Money to Date in 2013:  $25.50

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...