Sunday, October 13, 2013

Took a Walk, Found 7 Cents and a Spraying Can of Soda

Today I took a walk up to a busy intersection with a McDonald's and a gas station on one corner, a bank and shopping center on another corner, and a big shopping center on a third. Here's what I found:
  • As I was meandered through some parking lots, I found 2 pennies.
  • At the gas station, I found 2 more pennies next to a gas pump.
  • I crossed the street and found another penny in the dirt of a flower bed.
  • Then I headed home and spotted a soda can under a bench at a bus stop. I rolled it out and it started spraying! Someone must have dropped it and yep, it was like a fountain! I didn't have my camera to snap a photo of it spraying. It was pretty funny! Finally I just popped the tab and dumped it out.
  • On the street next to the bus stop I found 2 more pennies.

Seven pennies in all. And a soda can that cracked me up!

This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  7 pennies
Year:  pennies:  ?, 1974, 1978, 1997, 1997, 2001, 2003
U.S. Mint:  all D but who knows on that one?

Condition:  range from shiny to tarnished and some are dirty and gouged
Total Found Money to Date in 2013:  $27.83

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...