Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Found a Torqued Quarter and a Penny in the Street

I needed a little break from editing this morning, so I took a little walk around the outside of my complex. I spotted this quarter in the street as cars were zooming by. I waited for a break in traffic and scooped it up. Look at it! It's bent and torqued. I have no idea what someone had to do to get it in this shape! 

Then I turned the corner and found this penny in the street, near the sidewalk. 

Yippee! I plan to talk a longer walk later. Maybe I'll get lucky again and find some more deformed coins!

UPDATE:  I took a walk this evening and found another penny in a parking lot!

This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  2 pennies, 1 quarter
Year:  19??, 2004, 2004
U.S. Mint:  ?, D, D

Condition:  one penny is tarnished and dirty, the other is filty; quarter is bent and dinged up
Total Found Money to Date in 2013:  $25.28

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...