Saturday, March 2, 2013

Volunteered at the Arizona Beer Festival and Found 8 Cents

Today I volunteered at the Great Arizona Beer Festival, and I am pooped!

I helped at the entrance putting arm bands on sober people for several hours, then I poured beer at the Fate Brewery tent for the rest of the time. I was standing the whole time (from about 12:45 to 6 p.m.), and I'm sure not used to that!

It was a lot of fun. I lead such a sheltered life that this was the first time I'd seen pretzel necklaces! 

People called me "Peggy" since we had to wear these lovely name tags. So, when I was pouring beer (to non-sober people), I started making up names for some of them. I didn't get any right but most people were good sports about it and said I could call them Stan or Steve or Doug or whatever name I thought they looked like. Only two people told me their real names (Andy and Howard). 

So, after all the standing, then we had to stand around for over a half an hour to wait for the shuttle to take us back to the massive parking lot where we volunteers parked our cars. Once I finally got off the shuttle I staggered to my car. That was from exhaustion, not drink. We weren't allowed to drink.

On the way to my car I spotted these coins in a parking space. Yay! Eight cents! I'm sure if I'd scoped it out more, I'd have found more money but I was too tired to roam around the parking lot.

This Found Money FACTS:  
Denomination: 3 pennies, 1 nickel
Year: pennies:  1985, 1992, 2009, nickel:  2006
U.S. Mint:  D, D, D, D
Condition:  range from shiny to tarnished
Total found money to date in 2013:  $2.26



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...