My Found Money Jar

My Found Money Jar
New BIGGER Jar!

Digital Bank Counter

Tired of counting your piles of money? Let this digital bank do it for you! It only looks like a shredder. It's not!

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Volunteered at the Arizona Beer Festival and Found 8 Cents

Today I volunteered at the Great Arizona Beer Festival, and I am pooped!

I helped at the entrance putting arm bands on sober people for several hours, then I poured beer at the Fate Brewery tent for the rest of the time. I was standing the whole time (from about 12:45 to 6 p.m.), and I'm sure not used to that!

It was a lot of fun. I lead such a sheltered life that this was the first time I'd seen pretzel necklaces! 

People called me "Peggy" since we had to wear these lovely name tags. So, when I was pouring beer (to non-sober people), I started making up names for some of them. I didn't get any right but most people were good sports about it and said I could call them Stan or Steve or Doug or whatever name I thought they looked like. Only two people told me their real names (Andy and Howard). 

So, after all the standing, then we had to stand around for over a half an hour to wait for the shuttle to take us back to the massive parking lot where we volunteers parked our cars. Once I finally got off the shuttle I staggered to my car. That was from exhaustion, not drink. We weren't allowed to drink.

On the way to my car I spotted these coins in a parking space. Yay! Eight cents! I'm sure if I'd scoped it out more, I'd have found more money but I was too tired to roam around the parking lot.

This Found Money FACTS:  
Denomination: 3 pennies, 1 nickel
Year: pennies:  1985, 1992, 2009, nickel:  2006
U.S. Mint:  D, D, D, D
Condition:  range from shiny to tarnished
Total found money to date in 2013:  $2.26



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails