Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Today I Found Two Pennies

It's March in Phoenix, which means it's heating up. The high today? 89 degrees Fahrenheit. Ugh. Too hot for this early!

As hot as it is, I know it's only going to keep getting hotter so I took a little walk today (with my magnet down an alley). I found a penny and some good junk. Then I went to the library and to Michael's. I walked by a Fry's grocery store and near a large post, I spotted another penny. Yippee! 

(I just looked that up thinking it was spelled yippy or yippie. No. It's yippee. Who knew? Not me! But now we do.)

I posed the pennies next to a drawing my granddaughter did online. She and her brother came over yesterday and she made Ashly (she thought maybe she'd misspelled it, but that's okay) then. She forgot to take Ashly home, but you all get to see her. I think she's a superhero!

Have you found any money today? This week? This month?

This Found Money FACTS:  
Denomination: 2 pennies
Year:  2001, 2002
U.S. Mint:  D, D
Condition:  one is very dirty and tarnished, the other is just tarnished
Total found money to date in 2013:  $2.64

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...