Thursday, March 7, 2013

Found Two Dimes and Two Pennies, Well, Three Pennies

Today I drove to Tucson to pick up my grandson from school then we came back here. It was a long day that started with me going to a screening for drug study at 9 a.m. As I was leaving, I spotted a dime in the parking lot. 

Then I ran some errands before leaving Phoenix. I was walking in a parking lot and spotted another dime! I was thrilled, but that wasn't all. I saw a penny embedded in the parking lot, so I had to leave that one.

I finally got on the road and decided, since I had time, to stop at a thrift store I'd seen at Marana. I found a few things but I was more thrilled to find a penny in the parking lot!


I drove on into Tucson and picked up my grandson and we drove to Phoenix. And he only asked me about 20 or 30 times if we were close to Phoenix yet. On the way home, we stopped at Fresh and Easy. He wanted to  get a fruit and cheese platter but I told him I had apples and berries and cheese at home so we'd make our own. On the way out of the store, I spotted a penny! Yay! 

We had a great time once we got home. We played Guess Who, took a little walk, ate dinner, played with his popper (a lot), and read some of a Ninjago book. He's snoozing now and I can relax.  


This Found Money FACTS:  
Denomination: 2 pennies, 2 dimes
Year: pennies:  1988, 1999; dimes:  2004, 2011
U.S. Mint:  none, D, D, D
Condition:  range from shiny to tarnished
Total found money to date in 2013:  $2.48

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...