Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Took a Walk and Found a Nickel

Today the high is only supposed to hit 48 degrees Fahrenheit but I decided to go take a little walk to warm up. It feels warmer moving in the sun than sitting in the house.

I moseyed around hoping I'd find some money but didn't. Then on my way home, I spotted this nickel in the dirt next to the sidewalk. It's really dirty. I tried to wash it off a little but nothing much happened. So, here it is. Dirt and all.

 
This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  1 nickel
Year:  1976
U.S. Mint:  D
Condition:  very, very dirty
Total Found Money To Date for 2013:  $.32

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you could clean this coin with the silver polish stuff.

    Poutine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe so. I generally just try to clean the coins enough to see the date and mint mark. If I can see them, great. If not, in they go to my found money jar!

      Delete

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...