Monday, January 21, 2013

Found Two Pennies in Change Tray at Fresh and Easy

Today I went with a friend to the Phoenix Art Museum. I'd never been before and went mainly to see the 1920s clothing on display. I've been watching Boardwalk Empire and Downton Abbey, so it was really fun to see the dresses and hats and shoes up close and personal. What a great era for fashion!

Then because Barb and I live such exciting lives, we went to Fresh and Easy to check out the markdowns. I found a cheese pizza and some apples and 2 pennies in the change tray! I paid with cash and instead of getting 26 cents back, I only got the quarter. So, I'm wondering if maybe the change is sometimes slow to drop from the automatic change dispenser and that's why I find money in the change trays there. I didn't complain since I found 2 pennies, but normally I would.
 

This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  2 pennies 
Year:  1993, 2011
U.S. Mint:  D, D
Condition:  shiny
Total Found Money To Date for 2013:  $.50

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...