Saturday, March 31, 2012

Found Money in the Parking Lot

This morning I got ambitious and swept up the leaves on my fake grass (Astroturf, I guess it is) on my little patio. Then I put up the big umbrella on the patio to help block the sun. The Arizona heat is coming. Today the high here was 93 degrees Fahrenheit. Ugh. It's hot. So, I'll also have to begin putting up the extra blackout fabric I bought last year. The morning sun from the east hits one side of my house, and last year the extra layer of blackout draping really helped to keep one bedroom a few degrees cooler.

So, after I took the garbage out, I wandered around the parking lot and spotted a penny! It's unusual since it has an S (San Francisco) mint mark. I don't find many of those.

Have you found any money recently? I really enjoy hearing about your found money too.

This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination:  1 penny
Year:  pennies:  1972
U.S. Mint:  S
Condition:   Tarnished, scratched
Total found money to date for 2012:  $2.46

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I found a nickel and a penny the other day in a parking lot. I stuck them in my collection of change. Sure wish I could find an old one that is worth some money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I hear you about valuable coins. I don't think I've found anything that's worth more than face value, but it's still fun to find even a penny.

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...