My Found Money Jar

My Found Money Jar
New BIGGER Jar!

Digital Bank Counter

Tired of counting your piles of money? Let this digital bank do it for you!

It only looks like a shredder. It's not!

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Found a Penny in an Alley

Today I ran some errands:

-  hit a church thrift store that keeps odd hours but the sandwich sign was out on the sidewalk (found a roll of vintage ribbon:  $.25)

-  stood in line at the post office for 20 minutes (doh, should have gone to the postal annex in the card store)

-  returned some books and movies at the library and picked up more

So, then I parked my car on a side street and walked up and down a few alleys with my magnet. I spotted a penny on the ground and scooped it up. The photo shows some of the junk I found (I threw away quite a few really junky pieces and sorted a lot of nails and screws and put them in a separate container). What makes this junk special, worth saving, you ask? I don't know. But I love the wire with the twisted part and loops at the end and those washers have a lovely rusty patina. By the way, I had to actually bend over to pick up the broken tile pieces. My magnet won't pick those up.

Have you found anything good lately? Any money?

This Found Money FACTS:
Denomination:  1 penny
Year:  1993 (I think)
U.S. Mint:  none
Condition:   Tarnished and dirty with a chunk missing in the side
Total found money to date for 2012:  $1.65

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails