My Found Money Jar

My Found Money Jar
New BIGGER Jar!

Digital Bank Counter

Tired of counting your piles of money? Let this digital bank do it for you!

It only looks like a shredder. It's not!

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Lost Money Experiment and Found Money

This morning I had to mail something I sold on Etsy. I didn't find any money at the post office this time, but when I was walking back to my car I spotted a penny in the street. Yay!

Then I went to the grocery store. While walking in I saw a little stone bench and decided to put a penny there (not my found penny!) and see if anyone would pick it up while I was in shopping. I set a shiny penny on the far edge of the bench then went in the store. 

When I came out it was still there! Granted I was only in the store for 9 minutes, but a woman was sitting on the bench! She could have easily snatched it up but since she didn't I did!

So my first lost money experiment to see if anyone would find money I "lost" was a fail. I think so many people are preoccupied and just don't look.

And yes, I picked it up, acting all surprised to have found a penny!  
Facts About This Found Money
Denomination:  1 penny
Year:  2000
U.S. Mint:  D
Condition:  scratched and tarnished
Total Found Money in 2014 to Date:  $27.42


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails