Saturday, July 19, 2014

Lost Money Experiment and Found Money

This morning I had to mail something I sold on Etsy. I didn't find any money at the post office this time, but when I was walking back to my car I spotted a penny in the street. Yay!

Then I went to the grocery store. While walking in I saw a little stone bench and decided to put a penny there (not my found penny!) and see if anyone would pick it up while I was in shopping. I set a shiny penny on the far edge of the bench then went in the store. 

When I came out it was still there! Granted I was only in the store for 9 minutes, but a woman was sitting on the bench! She could have easily snatched it up but since she didn't I did!

So my first lost money experiment to see if anyone would find money I "lost" was a fail. I think so many people are preoccupied and just don't look.

And yes, I picked it up, acting all surprised to have found a penny!  
Facts About This Found Money
Denomination:  1 penny
Year:  2000
U.S. Mint:  D
Condition:  scratched and tarnished
Total Found Money in 2014 to Date:  $27.42


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...