Friday, February 7, 2014

Found 7 U.S. Coins and 1 Mexican Coin

Today I walked up to Sprouts to get some fruit and vegetables. On the way there, I walked through a gas station and found a penny. Then I walked through a Starbucks drive through and found another penny. As I left Sprouts, I spotted a dime between two cars. 

Then I walked for several blocks and decided to check out the McDonald's where I found 2 pennies in the drive through and 1 penny next to the door to go inside. 

Then I walked through another gas station and saw what I thought was a dime but it turned out to be a Mexican 50 peso piece. I won't count it in my found money total. Later when I was almost home, I found a penny on the sidewalk! 

That's a total of 16 cents plus the Mexican coin. Yay!

One of the pennies is a 1944 penny (a wheat penny). Love finding those!

This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  6 pennies, 1 dime, 1 Mexican 50 peso

Year:   pennies:  1944, 1983, 1999, 2013, 2013, 2013; dime:  2008; Mexican coin:  2012
U.S. Mint:  all U.S. coins D
Condition:  some tarnished, some shiny like new
Total Found Money to Date in 2014:  $5.47



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...