Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day to Me -- I Found 2 Pennies

Today I went to the post office and parked in a large shopping center parking lot across the street. I don't go to the crosswalk to cross and got yelled at by a motorist. His exact words were "Use the crosswalk!"  Well, I did on the way back, like I always do.

But after leaving the post office, I found a penny in a parking lot. Then I headed to Dollar Tree where everybody and their dog were buying Valentine's day junk. Helium balloons, candy, stuffed animals. 

While standing in one of the two very long lines that were open, I saw a penny on the floor in the line I was in. I watched as four different sets of customers (at least five people) walked right by and on that penny. When I got close enough, I bent over and picked it up. It just amazes me that people don't see money!

Happy Valentine's day to you and yours!
This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  2 pennies

Year:  1981, 1992
U.S. Mint:  D, none
Condition:  tarnished

Total Found Money to Date in 2014:  $6.04

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...