Thursday, February 27, 2014

Check Out the Odd Money I Found Today

Today I took a long walk to Sprouts, and on the way I spotted this dime on the sidewalk. Then I walked over to the gas station and McDonald's but struck out. Nothing. 

Walking along the street, I found the half penny! This is the same stretch of road where I've found other pennies that have been cut in pieces. I wonder if someone cuts them up then tosses them out their car window or what.

Then I went to a drive through and found 2 pennies. At the store, a big fat nothing. Then on the way home I went to another gas station and found 2 pennies. 

Then I spotted a coin in the dirt and it ended up being a penny from Ecuador. It reads:  Banco Central Del Ecuador. Cool!! I can't get a good close up photo of it. It's really dark and not very photogenic. It's up at the top above the half penny. I wasn't going to count this penny but just looked it up and it has the same value evidently as U.S. pennies so I'm counting it! But I won't count the half penny.

Have you found any money lately? Only one more day for February found money.


This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  4-1/2 pennies, 1 dime, 1 Ecuador penny

Year:  pennies:  1978, 1986, 2006, 2008, 2010; dime:  2008; Ecuador penny:  2003
U.S. Mint:  U.S. coins all D
Condition:  range from shiny to dirty, tarnished and scratched

Total Found Money to Date in 2014:  $7.51

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...