Saturday, June 15, 2013

Found 30 Cents But Only Brought Home 29 Cents

Today I sold some patches on Etsy so I had to run to the post office. I found a penny in the rocks just outside the post office!

Then I hit a Goodwill because it's half off day and I was already out and about. I found a penny on the floor near a cash register!

I walked over to Fry's, which is in the same shopping center, to get some fruit. I found a quarter on the floor near the self-checkout registers, a penny in the bakery area, and a penny near the cheese! 

This was a banner day! It really pays to go where people are! 

But a disappointing thing happened:  I actually saw another penny in the street, but it was stuck in the hot tar. From experience, I know better than to try to get those. Those coins are a goopy, sticky mess. So, I found 30 cents, but I only brought home 29 cents.

Have you found any money lately? 


This Found Money Facts:
Denomination:  4 pennies, 1 quarter 

Year:  pennies:  1975, 1987, 2004, 2013; quarter:  1967
U.S. Mint:  pennies:  all D; quarter:  none  
Condition: range for tarnished to shiny
Total Found Money to Date in 2013:  $16.16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, 2024 and So Long, 2023

Well, here we are. The end of another year. I think this will be the end of my found money blog. I think it's run its course, but I'...